Europython update

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jacob Hallen, May 11, 2005.

  1. Jacob Hallen

    Jacob Hallen Guest

    This is a news update about the Europython 2005 conference, to be held
    in Göteborg, Sweden 27-29 June

    - We have received a very nice array of talks this year, and we expect
    to be the biggest Python conference ever in terms of subjects
    covered. Many thanks to all the speakers who are putting their
    efforts into this.

    - A list of talks is now available,either through the "Track Overview"
    menu item on the Europython website, or directly at
    http://www.python-in-business.org/ep2005/atracks.chtml

    - Around the end of May we will be soliciting input from all attendees
    on what talks they aremost interested in. This information will be
    used in scheduling, in order to reduce the amounts of collisions
    between popular talks and in order to reduce the risk of overcrowding
    a small room with a talk that turns out to be very popular.

    - Early bird registrations end 15 May. Registration for the low cost
    accomodation close to the conference venue ends on the same day.
    We may have further accomodation available at a later date, but we
    can't make any promises.

    - Please help us become the biggest Python/Zope conference. Talk to
    your friends about Europython and write about the conference in your
    blog. The more people who show up, the more we can spend on getting
    the best and most interesting talks.

    - This year we have a special focus on Python newbies in the Tutorials
    track. If you have staff or customers who need a well rounded introduction
    to Python, send them to Europython 2005.

    For all conference details, go to:
    http://www.europython.org

    See you in Göteborg.

    EuroPython Team.

    About EuroPython: Europython is an annual conference for the Python
    and Zope communities. It circulates between different sites in
    Europe. Having started in Charleroi, Belgium, it is now in Göteborg,
    Sweden and will move to CERN in Swizerland next year. Europython is a
    community conference run by volunteers.

    Jacob Hallen, May 11, 2005