Evaluating a datalist item using a function

ree32

As I read in the records from the SQL into my datalist I want to be
able to check if the value is not blank, and if itsn't blank I want to
append the name of the column with the value.

The problem is I haven't been able to find away passing the
ammendments back to the datalist.

So can someone help with the syntax with this and also how to find the
name of the column and pass it to the datalist.

Thanks

PS. I know this group is DataGRid, but I cant find one for DataList to post.