    on a remote XP system.If not is there any idea how to get the shared
    files on the remote system.

    thanx in advance.

    deepak, Mar 4, 2008

  2. deepak

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth deepak <>:

    > Is there any perl module through which we can find the shared files
    > on a remote XP system.If not is there any idea how to get the shared
    > files on the remote system.

    Win32::NetResource (in libwin32, so supplied with ActivePerl) will let
    you enumerate the shares exported by a given machine.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Mar 4, 2008

  3. deepak

    deepak Guest

    thanks Ben it worked for me, similarly is there any module for
    accessing remote registry and remote desktop.

    deepak, Mar 4, 2008
  4. deepak

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth deepak <>:
    > thanks Ben it worked for me, similarly is there any module for
    > accessing remote registry and remote desktop.

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=win32 registry

    I don't know what you mean by 'remote desktop'. If you mean a module
    that talks Microsoft's RDP protocol, then I somewhat doubt it.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Mar 4, 2008
  5. deepak

    deepak Guest

    Thanx Ben.What i mean about 'remote desktop' is whether there is any
    perl module that can connect to the remote desktop server, like we
    connect to a sshd server using Net::SSH and execute a simple linux
    command.

    deepak, Mar 4, 2008
  6. deepak

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth deepak <>:
    > Thanx Ben.What i mean about 'remote desktop' is whether there is any
    > perl module that can connect to the remote desktop server, like we
    > connect to a sshd server using Net::SSH and execute a simple linux
    > command.

    What protocol are you trying to use? Again, if you mean RDP then I doubt
    there is a module for it: it would be *extremely* difficult to remotely
    drive a GUI-based protocol like RDP in any case.

    Once you've worked out which protocol you are trying to connect with,
    you can search CPAN as well as I can.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Mar 5, 2008
  7. deepak

    deepak Guest

    Basically i'm devoloping a tool as part of my project, that scans a
    range of computers and tells if there are any vulnerabilities on the
    remote machine.In this manner i hav to check for the dictionary
    passwords.

    For example i have to check if remote registry , remote telnet, remote
    sshd..etc are accesible for this set of passwords.For this the only
    thing i hav to do is just establish a connection for each of the
    password. If the connection is established then the remote system is
    vulnerable else not vulnerable.

    In the same manner i want to test whether i can just connect to the
    RDP service on the remote machine.

    deepak, Mar 5, 2008