[EVALUATION] - E02 - Nitro, a Ruby Based WebFramework

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Ruby Helps?
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/a19cd745a209b91a

    -

    [I ask the Community friendly to not intervene with off-topic postings.
    Of course I cannot demand that anyone keeps those essential usenet rule.
    As a reminder, the standard off-topic marker is "[OT]"]

    -

    I got an very intresting answer to my evaluation-stack within the
    nitro-general mailinglist.

    I like to ask Mr. George Moschovitis to take the effort to repeat his
    answer here in c.l.ruby.

    I've copied the current version for your convenience into this message.

    [please, if it is possible, do not delete parts of the text, but answer
    simple with "not-available" or similar]

    -
    -
    -

    jamStack - Technology Collection

    [V0.4 - draft]

    This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
    which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
    tools collections.
    IDE

    An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
    technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).
    Analysis&Design

    * OOAD - Think, Analyze and Design in a straight Object [or
    component] Oriented
    way
    * Use of metadata within the design (on text level [code file])
    * Fully synchronized Code level and/or Visual design.

    Code Generators

    * Use of predefined and user defined code generators

    Deployment

    * Initial design runs on local client.
    * Ability to transform design to run on higher grade systems
    o High Load Systems (load balancing, clustering )
    o large scale OODBMS
    * Ability to transform design to run on embedded devices.

    Persistency

    [An evaluation template for ObjectRelationalMapper (ORM) can be found
    within jamORM.]

    * Persitency layer results directly out of the Object Model
    * No need to deal with persitency tools, xml-config-files etc.
    * Provides persistence-design-metadata
    o accessible by code-generators
    o accessible by runtime
    * Flexible Technology usage
    o RDBMS or OODBMS
    o Embedded within app
    o or on seperate server
    * Easy migration mechanisms
    o Technology A to B
    o Vendor A to B

    Security

    * Flexible security system
    o Security inheritance
    o Plugable security systems
    * Supports several encryption strengths

    GUI / Webinterface

    * Exchangeable GUI System
    * GUI is decoupled from Business Objects
    * Automated creation of Objects [Components] webinterfaces
    o display Objects
    o create Objects
    o edit Objects

    Visual Modeling

    * Use of UML to model the design
    * Code level defined metadata is available/editable within UML tool
    * Uses same code-generators that are used within IDE / Command-Line

    Automation

    * All production steps should be automated or semi-automated.
    * Automation is based on user-defined rule-systems.
    * Manual processing can always override automations.

    License and Standards Requirements

    The combined technologies include one or more programming languages and
    should fulfill whenever possible the following prioritized basic
    requirements:

    [For programming languages: at minimum the "execution environment" or
    "runtime".]

    * Based on Open Source (FSF freedom, OSI extensibility)
    * Based on Open Standards
    * Platform independent
    * Language neutral

    Examples

    * ODMG - object persistence
    * CORBA - distributed systems
    * ...

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Ilias Lazaridis

    Aredridel Guest

    > [V0.4 - draft]
    >
    > This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
    > which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
    > tools collections.
    > IDE
    >
    > An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
    > technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).
    > Analysis&Design

    what are you trying to accomplish?

    Ari

    Aredridel, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Ilias Lazaridis

    Luke Graham Guest

    Wow, I actually predicted this post in another thread. Nitro vs ruby is clearly
    his aim.

    Ari : Hes trying to accomplish what all trolls aim for - grief.

    --
    spooq

    Luke Graham, Feb 18, 2005
  4. not too sure to be honest.
    i'm guessing he's so full of buzzwords and
    "enabling technologies" that we're having
    difficulty really understanding what he wants ;)
    the response from george on nitro-general
    was actually interesting :) thusly proving
    how nice the community really are :)
    Alex

    Alexander Kellett, Feb 18, 2005
  5. Ilias Lazaridis

    Luke Graham Guest

    Im investigating nitro myself now, so trolls can be a catalyst for
    good as much as for evil. They just cause people to show their
    true selves. Hes stimulated lots of useful conversation
    here so far, which has got to be the ultimate proof that ruby
    programmers have only good in their hearts. :D

    --
    spooq

    Luke Graham, Feb 18, 2005
  6. i take this back i read some of the various
    postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
    kindly provided me with

    insult counts
    ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
    world: < 100

    ilias you're making no friends here
    stop being rude you'll just go through
    yet another community

    the fact is, that you've made some very good
    points on very many forums. but interleaving
    them with personal insults and then accusing
    kind informative posters of being off topic
    when they merely try to help...

    well. the term is "hate mongering"

    Alex

    Alexander Kellett, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Ilias Lazaridis

    Bill Guindon Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:30:49 +0900, Alexander Kellett
    <> wrote:
    > i take this back i read some of the various
    > postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
    > kindly provided me with
    >
    > insult counts
    > ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
    > world: < 100
    >
    > ilias you're making no friends here
    > stop being rude you'll just go through
    > yet another community
    >
    > the fact is, that you've made some very good
    > points on very many forums. but interleaving
    > them with personal insults and then accusing
    > kind informative posters of being off topic
    > when they merely try to help...
    >
    > well. the term is "hate mongering"

    Sounds about right. The list of boards, user groups, news groups and
    websites that this guy has been shunned from is astonishing.

    On the brighter side... He did pick Ruby as his next "target", and
    there's a part of me that thinks the Ruby community should feel
    honored :)

    It's sort of like thinking you're in this small hidden outpost that
    nobody's ever heard of, then rumor spreads that Ghengis Kahn plans to
    invade (almost Godwin'd myself there). Certainly it's a sign that
    "Ruby has arrived!" :)

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Luke Graham <> wrote:
    > Wow, I actually predicted this post in another thread. Nitro vs ruby
    > is clearly his aim.

    Except that Nitro is written in ruby :)

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Feb 18, 2005
  9. Ilias Lazaridis

    Luke Graham Guest

    I thought he was talking about the nitro programming language?

    --
    spooq

    Luke Graham, Feb 18, 2005
  10. Luke Graham <> wrote:
    > I thought he was talking about the nitro programming language?

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/nitro/

    (Any links on nitro-the-language? All I found was the pdf of someone's
    thesis, which timed out when I tried to load it)

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Feb 18, 2005
  11. Ilias Lazaridis

    Luke Graham Guest

    http://di002.edv.uniovi.es/reflection/lab/nitro.html
    http://di002.edv.uniovi.es/reflection/lab/prototypes.html

    The pdfs are in Spanish.

    I do see George Moschovitis's name on a post in the ruby-forge nitro's
    mailing list, so you got the correct nitro :)

    --
    spooq

    Luke Graham, Feb 18, 2005
  12. Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  13. Alexander Kellett wrote:
    > not too sure to be honest.
    > i'm guessing he's so full of buzzwords and
    > "enabling technologies" that we're having
    > difficulty really understanding what he wants ;)
    > the response from george on nitro-general
    > was actually interesting :) thusly proving
    > how nice the community really are :)
    > Alex

    The nitro-response showed the easiest way to answer to such an request.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  14. Alexander Kellett wrote:
    > i take this back i read some of the various
    > postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
    > kindly provided me with
    >
    > insult counts
    > ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
    > world: < 100

    This information is false.

    You will find many direct 'insults' targeting me.

    You will find many direct 'insults' targeting my relatives.

    -

    You will not find _any_ direct insult targeting conversation partners.

    > ilias you're making no friends here
    > stop being rude you'll just go through
    > yet another community
    >
    > the fact is, that you've made some very good
    > points on very many forums. but interleaving
    > them with personal insults

    This is a false accusation

    I do not insult people.

    [possibly you've just read some comments of some weak liars, which
    you've not evaluated further.]

    > and then accusing
    > kind informative posters of being off topic
    > when they merely try to help...

    Information, which is not requested, can quickly become ungentle.

    > well. the term is "hate mongering"
    >
    > Alex

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  15. Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  16. On Feb 18, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    > You will find many direct 'insults' targeting me.

    i don't have the time to show the multiple times that you
    have insulted members of this list alone. to find all of
    the insults that you have directly or indirectly bestowed
    on your many faithful readers would take a life time :)

    if you insulted noone, then why would such acts be taken upon your
    actions:
    http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about108763.html

    http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?
    thread_id=25972#122550

    > You will find many direct 'insults' targeting my relatives.

    that would be Nikolaos i guess? :)
    is graz a nice city?

    you've been doing this for a long time haven't you mr lazaridis :)
    you're not getting better as time goes you know? i could find
    messages back in 2003 but i'm sure it goes a long time back :)

    i guess you're out of work now?
    trying to find meaning to your life? :)
    good luck :)

    maybe a shrink could help?
    Alex

    Alexander Kellett, Feb 18, 2005
  17. Bill Guindon wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:30:49 +0900, Alexander Kellett
    > <> wrote:

    [...]
    > Sounds about right. The list of boards, user groups, news groups and
    > websites that this guy has been shunned from is astonishing.
    >
    > On the brighter side... He did pick Ruby as his next "target", and
    > there's a part of me that thinks the Ruby community should feel
    > honored :)
    >
    > It's sort of like thinking you're in this small hidden outpost that
    > nobody's ever heard of, then rumor spreads that Ghengis Kahn plans to
    > invade (almost Godwin'd myself there). Certainly it's a sign that
    > "Ruby has arrived!" :)

    A very intresting viewpoint.

    -

    Please look at this page, which will shortly be filled more and more:

    http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  18. Christian Neukirchen wrote:
    > Bill Guindon <> writes:

    [...]
    >>Sounds about right. The list of boards, user groups, news groups and
    >>websites that this guy has been shunned from is astonishing.

    > If you have some free time to waste, I recommend everyone to read:
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/e62bf980a87ffbe2
    >
    > Total fun. :)

    Good old times.

    -

    My favorite message within this thread was:

    Peter Lewerin Sep 26 2002, 3:27 am
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/510c586286b28ea1

    -

    The essence of the whole thread (and the SCHEME evaluations) was this one:

    "
    estimation: disrespect.

    scheme => shame !

    provisional rejected.
    "
    source:
    LISP - R5RS - John McCarthy
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/01aeb2489438816f

    -

    More links shortly within:

    Ilias Lazaridis, Feb 18, 2005
  19. damn. this post is hilarious!
    if i had mod points i'd +100000 funny it :D

    Alexander Kellett, Feb 18, 2005
  20. Alexander Kellett wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >
    >> You will find many direct 'insults' targeting me.

    > i don't have the time to show the multiple times that you
    > have insulted members of this list alone.

    Of course you don't have the time.

    You can invest as much time as you want.

    You will not find any direct insults expressed by me, targeting a poster
    on this or another group.

    > to find all of
    > the insults that you have directly or indirectly bestowed
    > on your many faithful readers would take a life time :)

    There is a difference between "inderect insults" and "faulty
    interpretations" [of wordings, e.g. by weak personalities].

    > if you insulted noone, then why would such acts be taken upon your
    > actions:

    "If you were not a witch, then why the people would fire you?"

    > http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about108763.html

    Simply read this thread to understand.

    > http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?
    > thread_id=25972#122550

    This illegal action of "TheServerSide.com" was not caused by my person.

    You should do more careful research.

    >> You will find many direct 'insults' targeting my relatives.

    > that would be Nikolaos i guess? :)

    Yes, as an example:

    [EVALUATION] - E07 - JetBrains, CEO, Team
    http://www.intellij.net/forums/thre...essage=3437927&q=4556414c554154494f4e#3439773

    But I like to ask you to keep my Father out of the discussions.

    -

    [OT] - A Shame For The Whole Clipper Community !
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.clipper/browse_frm/thread/c9021528e8b73177

    > is graz a nice city?

    I don't know.

    I'm not the only "Ilias Lazaridis" on this planet.

    You should do a more carefull research.

    Possibly simply on my website:

    http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html

    > you've been doing this for a long time haven't you mr lazaridis :)
    > you're not getting better as time goes you know? i could find
    > messages back in 2003 but i'm sure it goes a long time back :)

    Don't waste your time.

    I'll provide shortly the summaries:

    http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/

    > i guess you're out of work now?

    No, I've still hope with Ruby (and a little bit with Python).

    > trying to find meaning to your life? :)
    > good luck :)
    >
    > maybe a shrink could help?

    [shrink: slang = psychologist]

    At least you don not play the "CyberDoctor":

    LISP - The Scary Readtable - () => [] - [#V0.3]
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/dc78c32a7f984a5f

    > Alex

    ..

    --