[EVALUATION] - E02 - Nitro, a Ruby Based WebFramework

Ilias Lazaridis

[EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Ruby Helps?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/a19cd745a209b91a

-

[I ask the Community friendly to not intervene with off-topic postings.
Of course I cannot demand that anyone keeps those essential usenet rule.
As a reminder, the standard off-topic marker is "[OT]"]

-

I got an very intresting answer to my evaluation-stack within the
nitro-general mailinglist.

I like to ask Mr. George Moschovitis to take the effort to repeat his
answer here in c.l.ruby.

I've copied the current version for your convenience into this message.

[please, if it is possible, do not delete parts of the text, but answer
simple with "not-available" or similar]

-
-
-

jamStack - Technology Collection

[V0.4 - draft]

This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
tools collections.
IDE

An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).
Analysis&Design

* OOAD - Think, Analyze and Design in a straight Object [or
component] Oriented
way
* Use of metadata within the design (on text level [code file])
* Fully synchronized Code level and/or Visual design.

Code Generators

* Use of predefined and user defined code generators

Deployment

* Initial design runs on local client.
* Ability to transform design to run on higher grade systems
o High Load Systems (load balancing, clustering )
o large scale OODBMS
* Ability to transform design to run on embedded devices.

Persistency

[An evaluation template for ObjectRelationalMapper (ORM) can be found
within jamORM.]

* Persitency layer results directly out of the Object Model
* No need to deal with persitency tools, xml-config-files etc.
* Provides persistence-design-metadata
o accessible by code-generators
o accessible by runtime
* Flexible Technology usage
o RDBMS or OODBMS
o Embedded within app
o or on seperate server
* Easy migration mechanisms
o Technology A to B
o Vendor A to B

Security

* Flexible security system
o Security inheritance
o Plugable security systems
* Supports several encryption strengths

GUI / Webinterface

* Exchangeable GUI System
* GUI is decoupled from Business Objects
* Automated creation of Objects [Components] webinterfaces
o display Objects
o create Objects
o edit Objects

Visual Modeling

* Use of UML to model the design
* Code level defined metadata is available/editable within UML tool
* Uses same code-generators that are used within IDE / Command-Line

Automation

* All production steps should be automated or semi-automated.
* Automation is based on user-defined rule-systems.
* Manual processing can always override automations.

License and Standards Requirements

The combined technologies include one or more programming languages and
should fulfill whenever possible the following prioritized basic
requirements:

[For programming languages: at minimum the "execution environment" or
"runtime".]

* Based on Open Source (FSF freedom, OSI extensibility)
* Based on Open Standards
* Platform independent
* Language neutral

Examples

* ODMG - object persistence
* CORBA - distributed systems
* ...

..

Aredridel

[V0.4 - draft]

This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
tools collections.
IDE

An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).
Analysis&Design

what are you trying to accomplish?

Ari

Luke Graham

Wow, I actually predicted this post in another thread. Nitro vs ruby is clearly
his aim.

Ari : Hes trying to accomplish what all trolls aim for - grief.

[V0.4 - draft]

This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
tools collections.
IDE

An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).
Analysis&Design

what are you trying to accomplish?

Ari

Alexander Kellett

not too sure to be honest.
i'm guessing he's so full of buzzwords and
"enabling technologies" that we're having
difficulty really understanding what he wants ;)
the response from george on nitro-general
was actually interesting :) thusly proving
how nice the community really are :)
Alex

Wow, I actually predicted this post in another thread. Nitro vs ruby
is clearly
his aim.

Ari : Hes trying to accomplish what all trolls aim for - grief.

[V0.4 - draft]

This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
tools collections.
IDE

An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports
this
technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the
functionality).
Analysis&Design

what are you trying to accomplish?

Ari

Luke Graham

Im investigating nitro myself now, so trolls can be a catalyst for
good as much as for evil. They just cause people to show their
true selves. Hes stimulated lots of useful conversation
here so far, which has got to be the ultimate proof that ruby
programmers have only good in their hearts. :D

[...]

i take this back i read some of the various
postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
kindly provided me with

insult counts
ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
world: < 100

ilias you're making no friends here
stop being rude you'll just go through
yet another community

the fact is, that you've made some very good
points on very many forums. but interleaving
them with personal insults and then accusing
kind informative posters of being off topic
when they merely try to help...

well. the term is "hate mongering"

Alex

[...]

Bill Guindon

i take this back i read some of the various
postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
kindly provided me with

insult counts
ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
world: < 100

ilias you're making no friends here
stop being rude you'll just go through
yet another community

the fact is, that you've made some very good
points on very many forums. but interleaving
them with personal insults and then accusing
kind informative posters of being off topic
when they merely try to help...

well. the term is "hate mongering"

Sounds about right. The list of boards, user groups, news groups and
websites that this guy has been shunned from is astonishing.

On the brighter side... He did pick Ruby as his next "target", and
there's a part of me that thinks the Ruby community should feel
honored :)

It's sort of like thinking you're in this small hidden outpost that
nobody's ever heard of, then rumor spreads that Ghengis Kahn plans to
invade (almost Godwin'd myself there). Certainly it's a sign that
"Ruby has arrived!" :)

Martin DeMello

Luke Graham said:
Wow, I actually predicted this post in another thread. Nitro vs ruby
is clearly his aim.

Except that Nitro is written in ruby :)

martin

Ilias Lazaridis

Ilias Lazaridis

Alexander said:
not too sure to be honest.
i'm guessing he's so full of buzzwords and
"enabling technologies" that we're having
difficulty really understanding what he wants ;)
the response from george on nitro-general
was actually interesting :) thusly proving
how nice the community really are :)
Alex

The nitro-response showed the easiest way to answer to such an request.

..

Ilias Lazaridis

Alexander said:
i take this back i read some of the various
postings from mr Lazaridis that google has
kindly provided me with

insult counts
ilias: uncountable, probably asymptotic over time
world: < 100

This information is false.

You will find many direct 'insults' targeting me.

You will find many direct 'insults' targeting my relatives.

-

You will not find _any_ direct insult targeting conversation partners.
ilias you're making no friends here
stop being rude you'll just go through
yet another community

the fact is, that you've made some very good
points on very many forums. but interleaving
them with personal insults

This is a false accusation

I do not insult people.

[possibly you've just read some comments of some weak liars, which
you've not evaluated further.]
and then accusing
kind informative posters of being off topic
when they merely try to help...

Information, which is not requested, can quickly become ungentle.
well. the term is "hate mongering"

Alex

..

Alexander Kellett

You will find many direct 'insults' targeting me.

i don't have the time to show the multiple times that you
have insulted members of this list alone. to find all of
the insults that you have directly or indirectly bestowed
on your many faithful readers would take a life time :)

if you insulted noone, then why would such acts be taken upon your
actions:
http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about108763.html

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?
thread_id=25972#122550
You will find many direct 'insults' targeting my relatives.

that would be Nikolaos i guess? :)
is graz a nice city?

you've been doing this for a long time haven't you mr lazaridis :)
you're not getting better as time goes you know? i could find
messages back in 2003 but i'm sure it goes a long time back :)

i guess you're out of work now?
trying to find meaning to your life? :)
good luck :)

maybe a shrink could help?
Alex

Ilias Lazaridis

Bill said:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:30:49 +0900, Alexander Kellett
Sounds about right. The list of boards, user groups, news groups and
websites that this guy has been shunned from is astonishing.

On the brighter side... He did pick Ruby as his next "target", and
there's a part of me that thinks the Ruby community should feel
honored :)

It's sort of like thinking you're in this small hidden outpost that
nobody's ever heard of, then rumor spreads that Ghengis Kahn plans to
invade (almost Godwin'd myself there). Certainly it's a sign that
"Ruby has arrived!" :)

A very intresting viewpoint.

-

Please look at this page, which will shortly be filled more and more:

http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/

..

Ilias Lazaridis

Christian said:
If you have some free time to waste, I recommend everyone to read:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/e62bf980a87ffbe2

Total fun. :)

Good old times.

-

My favorite message within this thread was:

Peter Lewerin Sep 26 2002, 3:27 am
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/510c586286b28ea1

-

The essence of the whole thread (and the SCHEME evaluations) was this one:

"
estimation: disrespect.

scheme => shame !

provisional rejected.
"
source:
LISP - R5RS - John McCarthy
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.scheme/msg/01aeb2489438816f

-

More links shortly within:

Alexander said:
i don't have the time to show the multiple times that you
have insulted members of this list alone.

Of course you don't have the time.

You can invest as much time as you want.

You will not find any direct insults expressed by me, targeting a poster
on this or another group.
to find all of
the insults that you have directly or indirectly bestowed
on your many faithful readers would take a life time :)

There is a difference between "inderect insults" and "faulty
interpretations" [of wordings, e.g. by weak personalities].
if you insulted noone, then why would such acts be taken upon your
actions:

"If you were not a witch, then why the people would fire you?"

Simply read this thread to understand.

This illegal action of "TheServerSide.com" was not caused by my person.

You should do more careful research.
that would be Nikolaos i guess? :)

Yes, as an example:

[EVALUATION] - E07 - JetBrains, CEO, Team
http://www.intellij.net/forums/thre...essage=3437927&q=4556414c554154494f4e#3439773

But I like to ask you to keep my Father out of the discussions.

-

[OT] - A Shame For The Whole Clipper Community !
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.clipper/browse_frm/thread/c9021528e8b73177
is graz a nice city?

I don't know.

I'm not the only "Ilias Lazaridis" on this planet.

You should do a more carefull research.

Possibly simply on my website:

http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
you've been doing this for a long time haven't you mr lazaridis :)
you're not getting better as time goes you know? i could find
messages back in 2003 but i'm sure it goes a long time back :)

Don't waste your time.

I'll provide shortly the summaries:

http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/
i guess you're out of work now?

No, I've still hope with Ruby (and a little bit with Python).
trying to find meaning to your life? :)
good luck :)

maybe a shrink could help?

[shrink: slang = psychologist]

At least you don not play the "CyberDoctor":

LISP - The Scary Readtable - () => [] - [#V0.3]
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/dc78c32a7f984a5f

..