Even IE 8 Has White Space Problems

Dinsdale

http://www.tomhanser.com/nGenera/

The box shadow on the left has a gap below it. Grrr...

I've tried collapsing some of the code formatting, but that doesn't do
it.

This isn't a problem in ANY other browser on either Mac or PC.
Grrr...

Anyone? It's late and I have to fix this.

Thanks!

Doug Miller

Yeeesh. How long did it take you to set up all those tables, anyway? :)
The box shadow on the left has a gap below it. Grrr...

I've tried collapsing some of the code formatting, but that doesn't do
it.

This isn't a problem in ANY other browser on either Mac or PC.
Grrr...

Sure it is -- same problem appears in IE7, too.
Anyone? It's late and I have to fix this.

The table inside <div id="box1_tab1"> has two rows: the image in the first
row, and the text in the second row.

The table inside <div id="box2_tab2"> has one row containing both the image
and the text.

Don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but when you have two sections
that don't look the same, and aren't formatted the same, it's certainly
suggestive of a cause-and-effect relationship.

BTW -- you could simplify your CSS a *lot* by taking note of what the "C"
stands for.

C A Upsdell

Dinsdale said:
http://www.tomhanser.com/nGenera/

The box shadow on the left has a gap below it. Grrr...

No DOCTYPE. HTML validation errors. An embedded stylesheet with CSS
that is shaky. A table with fixed dimensions which falls apart when the
font size is different than you expect. Images with no ALT attributes
-- or no useful ALT attributes. You have *far* more than one thing to
Grrrrrr about.

Dinsdale

No DOCTYPE.  HTML validation errors.  An embedded stylesheet with CSS
that is shaky.  A table with fixed dimensions which falls apart when the
font size is different than you expect.  Images with no ALT attributes
-- or no useful ALT attributes.  You have *far* more than one thing to
Grrrrrr about.

Thanks, and I apologize for posting the "spew" code like that. I
rushed to put together a sample email for a prospective client, based
on THEIR design elements and existing code.