Event Bubbling and the ItemCommand Event

Nathan Sokalski

I am using a DataList with Event Bubbling. When I bubble an event, the
ItemCommand event is always called before the bubble event specified in the
CommandName property. Is this ASP.NET's way of making ItemCommand the
default bubble event, or is there another reason for it? I always thought
the purpose of ItemCommand was to use for a purpose other than cancelling,
deleting, editing, or updating an item, but it does not seem like that was
the purpose. What is the intended purpose of ItemCommand? Thanks.