Event Calendar Application ?

Andy

Hi,

I'm looking for a event calendar application. I've found a few but they all
seem to be pretty basic.

I need one that incorporates some kind of filtering so that if person1 logs
on they'll only see stuff relevant to them, however I also need it set-up so
that if manager1 logs on he'll be able to see everybody's information.

Does anything like this exist ?

TIA.

Andy.

Mark Rae

Andy,
I'm looking for a event calendar application. I've found a few but they all
seem to be pretty basic.

I need one that incorporates some kind of filtering so that if person1 logs
on they'll only see stuff relevant to them, however I also need it set-up so
that if manager1 logs on he'll be able to see everybody's information.

Does anything like this exist ?

Similarly, I couldn't find anything which matched exactly what I wanted, so
I ended up writing my own with the <asp:Calendar> control interfacing with a
SQL Server database. It was, actually, surprisingly easy once I got going...
:)

Andy

Mark,

I'd love to create my own however I'm fairly new to asp.net and I think I
would be biting off more than I could chew if I tried.

Andy.

Mark Rae

Andy,
I'd love to create my own however I'm fairly new to asp.net and I think I
would be biting off more than I could chew if I tried.

It might be a good way to gain a bit more experience in ASP.NET - there are
loads of examples on the Internet (which is where I pinched a fair bit of
the code I used!) to get you started. How will you store the events
themselves? I'm lucky in that my hosting company (www.hostinguk.net) offers
Win2k3 + .NETv1.1 + SQL2k.

Mark

Andy

I do have the option of SQL but the rest of site is done with Access.

When I think about it and break it down it does'nt look that daunting, I
suspect the only bit I'd have real trouble with is the filtering part.