    I am looking for a example implementation of an event driven architecture
    implemented with .Net webservices? Thanks.

    ch M.

    Marco, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Marco

    Dan Rogers Guest

    You might want to start looking at the project that was code-named
    ShadowFax (it's released name is not memorizable).

    I googled "ShadowFax Architecture" and got a number of useful links.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------

    Dan Rogers, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Marco

    Jim Guest

    Dan isn't there a difference between a Event-Driven and a Service Oriented
    architecture?

    ch JIm

    Jim, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Marco

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Jim,

    You wrote:

    >Dan isn't there a difference between a Event-Driven and a Service Oriented
    >architecture?

    I think the answer is the architects "It depends". If you can tell me what
    you personally have defined Service Oriented Architecture to mean, and then
    do the same with Event-Driven, perhaps I can spot the differences. I don't
    want to sound trite, so appologies if this sounds like a cop-out. My point
    is that "service oriented" is one of those Gartneresque terms that doesn't
    mean anything right now, and Event-Driven was one of the long-ago
    Gartnerisms that resulted in a number of different meanings.

    In general, however if you consider event driven as being something you can
    rely on, a-la tibco et. al, that helps you manage distributed components
    over a wide area, then there are aspects in the SO writings that touch in
    these areas. I heard someone the other day wondering whether the end-game
    for the SO technology stacks was to commoditize TIB - so I know I'm not
    the only one who sees the parallels.

    In the end, architecture turns out to be a life's learning process as
    applied to software structure. I hesitate to recommend any specific
    "reference" architectures at my advanced age since there is a different
    architect somewhere with an as-good approach/solution to a set of problems.

    I hope this helps - I know it wasn't the clear answer you seek.

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    Dan Rogers, Nov 30, 2004