Event Execution Order

Guest

Hi
I have two web server controls on one web form, one is an OLAP pivot table
and the other is Chart control. I am passing the OLAP data to the chart
control but the chart is always one page behind. I create the chart in the
Page_Load event but I believe that the OLAP grid is updating itself after the
Page_Load has been called. Whenever I alter the OLAP pivot table the chart
control reflects the previous state of OLAP pivot table data.

Can anyone suggest a general solution, am new to asp.net (if you hadn't
already guessed).

Cheers, Dan, Manchester Uni, UK

Josh

Use !IsPostBack i the page_load to ensure you dont reload the control on
every postback

Kevin Spencer

Hi Dan,

Your confusion is understandable. Microsoft and others have done such a
great job of talking about the Page_Load method that many people don't even
realize how many event handlers a Page class has. The following MSDN article
should provide you with all the information you need:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...guide/html/cpconControlExecutionLifecycle.asp

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer