event handler isn't working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sergio E., Aug 19, 2007.

  1. Sergio E.

    Sergio E. Guest

    Hello, I am extending a webcontrol, and I need to generate an array of
    objects of type dropdownlist, whose event selectedindexchanged must fires an
    own method called Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged that has the same signature of
    selectedindexchanged of a normal dropdownlist. I already tried to add the
    handler to them with addhandler but the event does not go off. I already
    debug it line by line and the first timethe page with the control draws
    correctly, dropdownlists fill correctly but when changing some value of any
    of them it does not work, the method never is reached. I don't know if it is
    because I don't defined the withevents modifier for each dropdownlist, but
    the compiler gives me an error if I do "protected withevents cbos() as
    dropdownlist" and I don't know how add to it when it's in an array.

    The source code involved is this:

    public class myExtendedPanel
    inherits panel
    protected cbos() as dropdownlist

    private sub GenerateCbos(byval maxcbos as integer)
    redim me.cbos(0 to maxcbos)
    for i as integer = 0 to maxcbos
    me.cbos(i) = new dropdownlist()
    me.cbos(i).id="LocalCbo"+i.tostring()
    me.cbos(i).datasource = me.dts(i)
    me.cbos(i).datatextfield="colText"
    me.cbos(i).datavaluefield="colId"
    me.cbos(i).autopostback=true
    me.cbos(i).enableviewstate=true
    Dim eh As EventHandler = New EventHandler(AddressOf
    Me.Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged)
    AddHandler Me.ddls(i).SelectedIndexChanged, eh
    'AddHandler ddl.SelectedIndexChanged, AddressOf Me.Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged
    ' it don't work too
    me.cbos(i).databind()
    me.cbos(i).selectedvalue=me.selvals(i)
    me.controls.add(me.cbos(i))
    next
    end sub

    Protected Sub Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    EventArgs)
    'Here goes the code to execute, by now i use a test
    response.write(me.cbos(0).selectedvalue)
    'this method hasn't reached
    end sub
    end class

    What I'm doing wrong?