    resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?

    Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system
    written in C++?

    Dave, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Dave

    noone Guest

    On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:54:25 -0800, Dave wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to read up on event handing and am trying to find good
    > resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?
    >
    > Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system written
    > in C++?

    I don't believe the C++ core features address event handling since that is
    more of a platform/task level implementation and the language
    specifications try to be as generic as possible. Of course you can do
    event handling in C++. there are many implementations such as the QT GUI
    platform that runs under X11/Unix and Windoze.

    noone, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Dave

    Noah Roberts Guest

    noone wrote:
    > On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:54:25 -0800, Dave wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've been trying to read up on event handing and am trying to find good
    > > resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?
    > >
    > > Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system written
    > > in C++?

    > I don't believe the C++ core features address event handling since that is
    > more of a platform/task level implementation and the language
    > specifications try to be as generic as possible. Of course you can do
    > event handling in C++. there are many implementations such as the QT GUI
    > platform that runs under X11/Unix and Windoze.

    Qt extends the core language.

    If you want "event handling" in C++ look at boost::signals and/or the
    observer pattern.

    Noah Roberts, Jan 13, 2007
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks the observer pattern seems to be what I am after - cheers.

    Dave, Jan 13, 2007
  5. "Dave" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to read up on event handing and am trying to find good
    > resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?
    >
    > Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system
    > written in C++?

    Hi,

    Have a look at xlobjects on http://xlobject.sourceforge.net/

    John