Event handlers

A.M

Hi,

Using C#, ASP.NET 1.1 and VS.NET 2003, I am trying to add Page_Error event
handler to my page. I know that I can Manually type the handler, but is
there any way to have IDE add the Page_Error event handler to the page?

Thanks,
Allan

Scott Allen

Hi Allan:

Do you mean for just one page?

When in design mode, select View -> Properties, then select your page
in the drop down list of the properties window. Next, click on the
lightning bolt (event handlers for the page), and double click on
Error to have the IDE put all the setup code in place for you.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Very simple:
------------

1. Open the page in question.
2. Go to the properties window and find the name of the class for the code
behind
For example: default.aspx = _default
3. Click on the lightning bolt at the top of the Properties window
4. Add an event name for Error and click enter
5. This takes you to the new event, so write some code
6. Save the page

You now know something very few of the VS.NET devs I know happen to be privy
to. ;->

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA