Event ID 1084

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Alvin, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Alvin

    Alvin Guest

    I am very new to .NET so bear with me please.

    I started getting this error message in my event log last week:
    Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
    Event ID 1084
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
    ..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
    directory allow access to the configured account.

    This error message is coming from a member server which is running an
    application that required the .NET be installed. To be honest I am not sure
    which .NET Framework files the account needs sufficient rights too. It has
    been running fine for the past 3 months. It doesnt make any sense why all
    the sudden the account has insufficient rights.

    The closes article I could find was:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887286. But it
    references being in an Appication Center 2000 cluster. We do have a DC that
    is running .NET which was not configured to work in a cluster with the
    member server, so I'm not sure if they are trying to replicate as this
    article suggest.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Alvin
    Alvin, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Alvin wrote:
    > I am very new to .NET so bear with me please.

    question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 12, 2004