Event ID 1084

Alvin

I am very new to .NET so bear with me please.

I started getting this error message in my event log last week:
Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
Event ID 1084
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.

This error message is coming from a member server which is running an
application that requires the .NET to be installed. To be honest I am not
sure
which .NET Framework files the account needs sufficient rights to. It has
been running fine for the past 3 months. It doesnt make any sense why all
the sudden the account has insufficient rights.

The closes article I could find was:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887286. But it
references being in an Appication Center 2000 cluster. We do have a DC that
is running .NET which was not configured to work in a cluster with the
member server, so I'm not sure if they are trying to replicate as this
article suggest.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alvin

Alvin

I did go in and reset the password on the ASP account and the service on the
member server. The ASP service starts up now, but I still get the event ID.
One problem may be that I have a Password Policy set at the Domain level,
and it may be affecting the local accounts on the member server. I can take
care of that issue. But even though the service starts up now I am still
receiving the errors in event viewer.

Alvin