Event ItemCommand not firing in DataGrid (1.1)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andy, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Probably this quesion was already raised, but I couldn't find any answer to
    it, even on Google.

    My question is:

    I have a plain datagrid on a page, and I'm adding a button column to it.
    When this button column is in a form of a Link button, ItemCommand event is
    processed, and code stops nicely on a breakpoint set in the
    DataGrid1_ItemCommand procedure. When I make one change - type of the button
    is changed to Push button, DataGrid1_ItemCommand doesn't work. Why is this
    happening? Anybody has answer to it?

    I know there's another way with a Template column containing one button --
    but same ItemCommand doesn't trap the event.

    Can anyone please help and explain how I can trap button clicks of the
    buttons located in the Button and Template columns of the DataGrid?

    P.S. .NET Framework 1.1

    Thanks very much,

    Andy.
    Andy, Jan 10, 2007