Event message: Application is shutting down. Reason: Hosting environment is shutting down.

Jack

Sorry for the double post (also in the IIS group).

We've got an ASP.Net 2.0 app running on IIS6. We kept losing sessions, and
enabled health monitoring to see what was happening. This morning the got
the following in the logs. Any idea what would cause it?

Event code: 1002
Event message: Application is shutting down. Reason: Hosting environment is
shutting down.
Event time: 7/17/2007 10:28:37 AM
Event time (UTC): 7/17/2007 3:28:37 PM
Event ID: 6cf974868548461ab7d7bc8616a6f455
Event sequence: 426
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 50002

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/[appname]-1-128291552554452908
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /[appname]
Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\[appname]\
Machine name: [servername]

Process information:
Process ID: 6036
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Guest

This is what happens when your ASP.NET Application recycles. The AppDomain
shuts down and is replaced by a new one. Recycling can be caused by IIS
settings that you can change for the specified AppPool, as well as by just
plain "bad code" that needs to be refactored and tested.
Peter

Jack

I got a reply from the IIS group -

There is an option on the Performance tab (of the IIS app pool) that
shutdowns down your application if it has been idle for 20 minutes. This
could be one cause.

I'm changing our configuration to 60 minutes to see if it has any impact.
If all users are idle for 60 minutes, it needs to shut recucle.

--
Recursion: see Recursion
site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com