Event order during a postback

Sheila Jones

Hello,

I have a couple of textbox controls which each fire TextChanged events.
AutoPostBack is false for both controls, so the events only actually fire
when another control causes a postback. However, the TextChanged events
always seem to happen in the same order, regardless of which box was changed
first.

Is there any way to ensure that the events fire on the server in the same
order they occurred in the browser (other than setting AutoPostBack to
true)? Thanks.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

as far as I know, on such case you can't rely on the event order. Instead
specify some sort of flags (or add something to Queue class or similar) and
process them in PreRender after events have occurred.

--
Teemu Keiski