Event Viewer

ashvish

Hi Gurus,

Does anyone know how windows eventviewer is implementing the export
functionality. That is we can export the event list as tab delimited
txt format or comma delimited csv file format. I didnt find any
suitable functions for this in windows event logging api. The issue is
we have to develop a custom eventviewer and these funtionalities has to
be included. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

Alf P. Steinbach

* ashvish:
> [off-topic]

Your question is off-topic in clc++.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Please post in an appropriate group (some are listed in the FAQ).

ashvish

We have to develop the application using C++. Then how come, its
off-topic?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Dennis Jones

ashvish said:
We have to develop the application using C++. Then how come, its
off-topic?

Because your question has nothing to do with C++. This newsgroup is focused
on questions specific to the C++ programming language, and since you are
asking about the Windows API, your question is off-topic here.

Besides, generally speaking, you will get much better help in a Windows API
newsgroup anyway. I would suggest you try the
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui newsgrounp.

- Dennis

ashvish

Thanks for the link.