    Is there an event I can catch for when ALL of the design-time properties that
    have been set in the parent page of my control have been called but before
    anything else?
    Alex Maghen, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Hello Alex,

    Thank you for posting.

    Regarding on this issue, I've also found your another similiar thread in
    this newsgroup:

    Subject: "Design-Time UserControl Property Setting"

    I've posted some suggestion in that thread. As for the ascx usercontrol's
    custom properties, if you're add them statically into aspx page at
    design-time , those custom properties are persisted in the aspx template
    (as inline attributes). At runtime, when the page parsing the usercontrol,
    it will restore the custom properties' value from aspx template
    (attributes) and assigned the value into the usercontrol instance's
    properties. This happens before usercontrol's Init and Load event. As I've
    posted in that thread, my suggestion is to hold the properties' value in
    usercontrol class's private fields and access them later in other
    events(such as Init or Load ....)

    If you still have anything unclear or any other questions on this, please
    feel free to let me know.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support