    Which do the users of this group suggest I use for the best
    security and portability to other, possibly new, Windows
    servers?

    JimN, Nov 25, 2003

  2. JimN

    Jeff Guest

    The easiest way is to just create the event log application as part of your
    installation. You do this by editing the registry and adding a key with the
    name of the application to
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application. You can find
    more info about doing this here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329291

    Jeff

    Jeff, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Im exactly in same situation - trying to get EventLog & RegistryKey to be
    working for network computers: "access denied", because the WindowsIdentity
    passed to me does not have LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK_CLEARTEXT flag... And I
    can't create my own identity, because at runtime I don't know credentials of
    the user, who uses my asp.net application...

    Juri Zenkevitch, Nov 26, 2003