    application group by default) Is that possible?

    Thank you,
    Max
    Max2006, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Hi Max,

    Regarding on the EventLogWebEventProvider, I have performed some
    investigation on it and it seems the underlying EventLog writing code is
    encapsulated in a unamanged API (called in EventLogWebEventProvider through
    PInvoke). e.g.

    =====the code from reflector=========
    int num = UnsafeNativeMethods.RaiseEventlogEvent((int) type, (string[])
    dataFields.ToArray(typeof(string)), dataFields.Count);
    if (num != 0)
    {
    throw new HttpException(SR.GetString("Event_log_provider_error",
    new object[] { "0x" + num.ToString("X8", CultureInfo.InstalledUICulture)
    }));
    ====================

    So far I'm afraid the built-in properties can not customize this behavior.
    If you do need to change the output eventlog entry's level, I think one
    possible approach is writing a custom EventLogProvider and call your own
    unmanaged API to write EventLog.

    #How to write to an event log by using Visual C#
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307024

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k00ce235.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 30, 2007

  3. Hi Max,

    Do you have any further questions on this thread? If so, please feel free
    to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Aug 2, 2007