events and threads

Thomas Weidenfeller

Thomas said:
Well Lee, as I (we?) predicted, there were a couple of angry knee-jerk
reactions to the post in comp.lang.java. The first person seemed to
understand after some back and forth, the 2nd guy was just, well, off the
wall. It's a pretty sad set of posts he made actually. He argued so poorly
that I actually am in the weird position of feeling bad for him.

I am not Lee :), but why do you put up with the reactions? I mean,
there is no need to deal with replies. Those who get it will get it,
those who don't wont. Post your FAQ in fire-and-forget mode, and your
blood pressure will thank you.

/Thomas

Thomas G. Marshall

Thomas Weidenfeller coughed up:
I am not Lee :), but why do you put up with the reactions? I mean,
there is no need to deal with replies. Those who get it will get it,
those who don't wont. Post your FAQ in fire-and-forget mode, and your
blood pressure will thank you.

Oh I know, and thank you----this is very sage advice.

However, the point here is to educate the newbies. And as such, they are
easily mislead by the rantings of the occasional idiot. I want the newbies
to understand how the newsgroups came into being, and where to find out
which ones have been voted into (and out of) sanction.