Events Dilemma

Kevin Spencer

Hi Bishop,

Page_Load is only one of about a dozen Page events that occur during the
Page Execution LifeCycle. The following link gives complete information
about all the events that transpire, and when each occurs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...guide/html/cpconControlExecutionLifecycle.asp

The issue is sequence. Make sure that all of your operations occur in the
right sequence.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Bishop

I have a page that generates a grid of controls; at the end of each row is
an update button that is dynamically created with an associated click event.
The grid changes based on the date selected in the calendar control and I
populate this grid of controls by calling a routine in the page load event.
My dilemma is that the page load event executes before my grid control event
during a postback, thus the date that the grid references does not reflect
the date on the calendar control.

An obvious solution I though of was to populate the grid using the calendar
event but I also need an update after the dynamically created button events.
When I tried putting the routine in the dynamically created button event and
click the button, there is a post back but it doesn't run the click routine
(which it does if I load the grid from the page load event).