Events doesn't fire up for buttons in a web usercontrol - Help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KK, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi

    I have a main page called lobby.aspx.
    lobby have the main menu. below that
    I loads web user controls (ascx) according
    to the selected main menu (into a placeholder).

    Some of my ascx, in turn loads other ascx.
    So, for example, when I click a button in lobby.aspx,
    I load ascx A into lobby.aspx placeholder, and ascx A
    loads ascx B in to ascx A's placeholder control.

    The problem is, button events (for submit buttons) in
    ascx A or B doesn't get fired.
    Once clicked, lobby.aspx page_load
    event gets executed. it doesn't go to ascx files
    code in A or B click events when required.

    Then I created a options.aspx page.
    from lobby.aspx, when the [options] clicked
    I do a Server.Transfer (options.aspx) In the
    page_load event of options.aspx, I load ascx A.
    and ascx B into A. Now, button events for ascx
    A works ,but events for ascx B doesn't work!!!!
    If I load ascx into a seperate aspx they also work!!!!

    what am I doing wrong? how to avoid it?

    rgds
    KK
    KK, Jan 22, 2005