Events don't fire in control with identical childcontrols

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Nico, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. Nico

    Nico Guest

    Hi,
    I got the following situation:
    I have a control with tabs in it. Several tabs have a certain self-made
    childcontrol embedded. The childcontrols have different names and different
    ids, but are of the same type.
    Now as long as only one childcontrol(let's call it relationvieweditor) has
    been instantiated and added to my parent control, everything is fine. But as
    soon as I add one control that has the same type on another tab, none of the
    events will fire. Structure of my control:
    control with 5 tabs, number 2, 3 & 5 have the same child control. The child
    control shows parent or child relations of a certain object in my database,
    depending on setting. It also offers the option to add or remove relations.
    To do so, I need a search box so I can make a new relation with one of the
    objects that are displayed in the search box. Basically you give the name of
    the object in the search box, press search and voila results are there. The
    search box is of course also a self made object and so is the
    relationview(the control that shows all the child/parent objects related to
    the assigned object).
    So the childcontrol contains, that relationview(self made and of different
    type than the parent), a few buttons to add, remove and edit the relations
    and a search box(also self-made and ofc of different type as parent) as a
    source to add relations.
    Now everything works fine until I add the childcontrol more than one time to
    the parent control, even when all the childcontrols of type
    relationvieweditor have a different name and different id...
    Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

    Nico, Aug 21, 2007