Events don't fire in control with identical childcontrols

Nico

Hi,
I got the following situation:
I have a control with tabs in it. Several tabs have a certain self-made
childcontrol embedded. The childcontrols have different names and different
ids, but are of the same type.
Now as long as only one childcontrol(let's call it relationvieweditor) has
been instantiated and added to my parent control, everything is fine. But as
soon as I add one control that has the same type on another tab, none of the
events will fire. Structure of my control:
control with 5 tabs, number 2, 3 & 5 have the same child control. The child
control shows parent or child relations of a certain object in my database,
depending on setting. It also offers the option to add or remove relations.
To do so, I need a search box so I can make a new relation with one of the
objects that are displayed in the search box. Basically you give the name of
the object in the search box, press search and voila results are there. The
search box is of course also a self made object and so is the
relationview(the control that shows all the child/parent objects related to
the assigned object).
So the childcontrol contains, that relationview(self made and of different
type than the parent), a few buttons to add, remove and edit the relations
and a search box(also self-made and ofc of different type as parent) as a
source to add relations.
Now everything works fine until I add the childcontrol more than one time to
the parent control, even when all the childcontrols of type
relationvieweditor have a different name and different id...
Anyone got an idea how to fix this?