Events not firing with Integrated Windows Authentication

Ken Cooper

Hi, I'm trying to debug an ASP.NET v1.1 application but
when I go into IIS and change the file security to Anonymous (on the page
I'm debugging only), the button click events do not fire.

When I change the file security to "Integrated Windows Authentication"
everything is fine.

Postback occurs and the Page Load event fires and you can step through using
the debugger, but the button click event does not fire. It's not just that
the debugger does not trap the event, the code does not run - changing the
contents of a label for example does not work.

Any help appreciated.