Events only firing after trapping them in debug

Hanover

I have a very weird situation.

I have several controls on a form, all of them have on-changed events
that are supposed to pass their values to a dataset.

The problem is, their events suddenly stopped firing as I was getting
null values in my database.

So I put it into debug mode and trapped for one of my drop-down lists.
Low and behold, the event fired and my field was populated. So I tried
another control, that one started working again and the one I tested
previously also kept working. So it seems once I trap these events for
debugging, they start working again.

I've experienced this problem a couple of times.

I've tried rebuilding, recompiling and whatnot but it's not working.
The only thing that works is trapping for each of the events
individually. Considering some of my forms have over 20 controls, this
is a major pain and time consumer.

Anyone else experience this problem? Any fixes?