Events that did work are not firing now

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Brad Simon, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Brad Simon

    Brad Simon Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a couple of pages that use a mix of paging,
    update, and delete commands. Previously they were
    working just fine. I am not sure when, but they just
    stopped working.

    When I look at the page, there is a javascript error:
    Line 118
    Char 28
    Error: Expected ';'
    Code: 0

    Here is the section of code it is referring to:
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
    {
    var theform;
    if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
    ().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
    theform = document.forms
    ["_ctl4:Quotes"];
    }
    else {
    theform = document._ctl4:Quotes;
    }
    theform.__EVENTTARGET.value =
    eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
    theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value =
    eventArgument;
    theform.submit();
    }
    // -->
    </script>

    Line 118 is:
    else {

    I have this problem on 2 different sites, 2 completely
    different pages, but the exact same error.

    Basically, the JavaScript Error does not allow the event
    to fire off, since it doesn't know what to do. I have
    not changed or added any new Javascript on either page.
    In fact there is little or no other javascript in or
    referenced from wither of the pages.

    Is this a bug in the datagrid?

    Brad Simon.
    Brad Simon, Dec 18, 2003