eventvalidation razzle dazzle

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RG9rZXI=?=, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. Hello.

    I've go a little userwebcontrol that has a button. Tis button when clicked
    hides a label and shows a textbox in its place ([code 1]).

    Works fine until i put it in a datalist or similiar thing. As you could
    expect, or may be you shouldn't, Asp shouts something about event validation.
    We all know what it is but the question is how should this object or/and this
    event be registred to work correctly.

    I know what to do when there is an extra position in combox or similary
    (---code-- Page.ClientScript.RegisterForEventValidation(
    this.UniqueID,
    "4"
    );
    ---/end code ---)
    but what with that event.

    I even tried [code 2] in the control.
    What can i do?

    ---code 1
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" RenderMode="Inline">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Literal ID="LiteralTresci" runat="server" Mode="PassThrough"
    EnableViewState="False"
    Text="[Lokalizowany
    Literal]"></asp:Literal><asp:ImageButton ID="EditButton"
    runat="server" SkinID="PrzyciskEdycji"
    OnClick="EditButton_Click" EnableViewState="false"
    Visible="False" CausesValidation="False" />
    style="border-collapse: collapse;
    margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #ffff99; color: Black;
    font-size: 10px;">
    <asp:TextBox ID="EditTextBox" runat="server"
    EnableViewState="False"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="AcceptBtn" runat="server"
    OnClick="AcceptBtn_Click" CausesValidation="False">Apply</asp:LinkButton>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="CancelBtn" runat="server"
    OnClick="CancelBtn_Click" CausesValidation="False">Cancel</asp:LinkButton>

    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
    ---/end code 1

    ---code 2

    void Register(Control ct)
    {
    foreach (Control c in ct.Controls)
    {

    this.Page.ClientScript.RegisterForEventValidation(c.UniqueID.ToString());
    Register(c);

    Register(this);
    base.Render(writer);
    }

    ---/end code 2
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9rZXI=?=, Jul 4, 2007

  2. RE: eventvalidation razzle dazzle update

    I figured out that the problem occures only when DataBind() is called.
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9rZXI=?=, Jul 4, 2007