Evil JIT Access Deined vs.net error fixed

Guest

I hope this helps someone out there as it wasted hours of my time. I
searched through the newsgroups for this visual studio error and was
somehwat mislead as to the problem. I indeed was a member of the debugger
users group and so was ASPNET etc... it wasn't anything to do with
permissions. My problem was this. I had acidentally overriden a function
which writes errors to a logfile and instead of calling out of one function
in its overriden sister, i was calling myself recursively. This caused
visual studio to go absolutely crazy... just opening the project would crash
it, IIS would give strang server errros. THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS, was to
search my system for any cached copies of the assemblies of my asp.net
project and delete them. In some cases I couldn't delete these files through
windows explorer... I could however from a dos prompt.

Then I openned the project, fixed the bug, recompiled and all was good.