    --
    Thanks for your help,

    Tina
    =?Utf-8?B?VGluYQ==?=, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Hi Tina,

    Writing web applications is arguably the most difficult type of programming
    to do, what with all the network operations involved, distributed objects,
    stateless environment, etc. There are a few people in the world that learn
    best by reading, but not many. I would recommend that you do get some
    practical experience with ASP.Net and C# before trying to take the exam. You
    can create your own projects, and just increase the complexity of the apps
    you create, incorporating more of what you learn as you go.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Tina" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently preparing for the exam 70-315. I'm using the Self-paced
    > training kit "Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#.NET",

    but

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 4, 2004

  3. <<I wonder if it is realistic to take the examen without actually have
    practical experience with Visual C#.NET.>>

    It all comes down to what you mean by "realistic." If you mean that there is
    a likelihood that you will pass the examination - then the answer would be
    "possibly" - depending on how well you take examinations and what other
    related knowledge you may already have. If, by "realistic", you mean that
    you would not only pass the examination but also that passing it would have
    some meaning about your expertise in the covered topic areas - then my
    opinion is that you would definitely need the real-world practical
    experience. I passed that examination about a year ago and at the time had
    minimal practical experience. I've been working with C# and ASP.NET for over
    a year now and *still* consider myself to be quite a novice in comparison to
    many other professionals. I wanted my certification to reflect some actual
    expertise - so I stopped taking the examinations in the .NET certification
    track (even though I knew I could pass them) until I actually know what I'm
    doing. At that point I'll finish the certification process at which point it
    should mean something.

    -GH

    Guadala Harry, Nov 4, 2004