Examine the ASP.NET worker process

Anders

Hi

I have been given the task to inverstergate why a asp.net 1.1 on windows
2003 worker process is growen to around 700mb somtimes and the restarts it
self.

The application does use some large result sets but as the documentation
describes, only a few in the Session,

It would be a HURGE job to go throug all the source code to identify this
statement, and it might not even be releated to large session objects.

Is the any way to examine a running ASP.NET worker process to dertermine the
memory usage?

Or. Is the a profiller which can show me memory allocation (not cpu usage)
and specific places in source code?

Regards
Anders J

Jim Cheshire

Anders said:
I have been given the task to inverstergate why a asp.net 1.1 on
windows 2003 worker process is growen to around 700mb somtimes and
the restarts it self.

The application does use some large result sets but as the
documentation describes, only a few in the Session,

Is the any way to examine a running ASP.NET worker process to
dertermine the memory usage?

Or. Is the a profiller which can show me memory allocation (not cpu
usage) and specific places in source code?

Hi Anders,

You might want to have a look at my blog.

--
Jim Cheshire

Latest entry:
Getting the PID and TID of a COM Call

Describes how to get the PID of the
dllhost process a COM call is executing
in and how to locate the thread as well.