examining local variables of frames up the stack

badarisj

folks,

i did some digging on the net and it looks like in perl when stopped at
a break-point, you can NOT examine the local variables of other frames
up
the stack.

for example, in debugger if it shows:

<DB 5> $ = pkg1::sub1 ( args ) at pkg1.pm line xx
$ = pkg2::sub2 ( args ) at pkg2.pm line yy

and if i want to see what local/my variable values are for the
pkg2::sub2 method,
is there any way (without having to return back to pkg2::sub2 and
examining stuff there)?

if anyone knows how to do this, i would appreciate pointers.

thanks,