    Timo Dammes
    Circuits and System Lab
    University of Dortmund, Germany
    Timo Dammes, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Timo Dammes

    Elliot Schei Guest

    Hello Timo

    When you install Sysgen there are many demos that are included in
    the install directory:
    %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples
    %my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples\demos
    There are a number of different filters included in the examples.

    If you are trying to read data from external sram (?) then you could
    use a memory controller to read data into the FPGA. If you are building
    a parallel filter then the data is usually applied directly to the filter after
    couple pipeline stages for performance. If you are using a MAC
    structure then often you will want to use memory buffers to align your
    data with your coefficients.

    Xilins offers a classes that cover these topics in detail:
    http://www.xilinx.com/support/training/cur_paths/atp-dsp.htm
    The classes are available in Germany and other places in Europe.

    Cheers,
    Elliot

    Elliot Schei, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Timo Dammes