example designs for Xilinx System Generator ?

Timo Dammes

Hello

As I'm a beginner with the Simulink tool, I'm very interrested in example
designs for System Generator. Can anyone post a link or something ?

I want to design filters which should run on a fpga (Xilinx Spartan 2
Xc2s200). But there are questions that the manual doesn't answer... (like :
how do I access data from the fpga board sram to put it to the filter)

Regards,
Timo Dammes
Circuits and System Lab
University of Dortmund, Germany

Elliot Schei

Hello Timo

When you install Sysgen there are many demos that are included in
the install directory:
%my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples
%my_matlab_install%\toolbox\sysgen62\xilinx\sysgen\examples\demos
There are a number of different filters included in the examples.

If you are trying to read data from external sram (?) then you could
use a memory controller to read data into the FPGA. If you are building
a parallel filter then the data is usually applied directly to the filter after
couple pipeline stages for performance. If you are using a MAC
structure then often you will want to use memory buffers to align your
data with your coefficients.

Xilins offers a classes that cover these topics in detail:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/training/cur_paths/atp-dsp.htm
The classes are available in Germany and other places in Europe.

Cheers,
Elliot