example in ruby for implimenting scheduling by rufus-schedul

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bishnu Das, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. Bishnu Das

    Bishnu Das Guest

    hi all,
    I am new to ruby on rail. my requirement is to add two
    numbers in ruby using rufus-scheduler .

    my code is as follows:-

    require 'rubygems'
    require 'rufus/scheduler'

    scheduler =Rufus::Scheduler.new
    scheduler.start
    scheduler.schedule_every('5s')do

    a=1
    b=4
    c=a+b
    puts c

    end
    the Error is as follows:-

    C:/Aptana/Aptana
    Studio/plugins/org.jruby_1.1.0.5965_RC2p1/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
    `require': no such file to load -- kk/rufus-scheduler-1.0.5 (LoadError)
    from C:\Aptana Studio\kk\logon.rb:4
    from C:\Aptana Studio\kk\logon.rb:1

    i have downloaded the rufus-scheduler 1.0.5 version and impliment in my
    programme. but it show error. actually i have no so much idea about the
    setup of rufus-scheduler .can any body help me in this regard.thanks
    advance for your help.
    Bishnu Das, Mar 24, 2008

  2. On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Bishnu Das
    <> wrote:
    > hi all,
    > I am new to ruby on rail. my requirement is to add two
    > numbers in ruby using rufus-scheduler .

    Hi Bishnu,

    the mailing list for the Rufus-Scheduler is at :

    http://groups.google.com/group/rufus-ruby

    To subscribe without a gmail account :

    http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=46606&topic=9244

    Anyway :

    "`require': no such file to load -- kk/rufus-scheduler-1.0.5 (LoadError)"

    seems to indicate that your logon.rb is trying to load
    "kk/rufus-scheduler-1.0.5" which probably doesn't exist.

    Best regards,

    --
    John Mettraux -///- http://jmettraux.openwfe.org
    John Mettraux, Mar 24, 2008