Example of DIV wrapping problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by plenty900@yahoo.com, Mar 1, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi folks,

    I'd like to have all DIVs lined up in a row at the top, and none
    wraps.
    If necessary I would rather than the overall page width expand
    rather than having DIVs wrap. But these are wrapping.

    Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks.

    <head>
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    div.short {float: left; width:50px; border: solid black 1px; margin:
    2px;}
    div.long {float: left; border: solid black 1px; margin: 2px;}
    div.rt {float: right; width:120px; border: solid black 1px; margin:
    2px;}
    </head>
    $
    class=long>dflajlfadljfalfkjdaslkaasldkjflakjdfaadslkjsdlfkjadslkfjalkjf
    lsdkfjlaksjflasdjflkasjdlfkjasdlkfjaslkjflsadjflkajslfkjasdlfkjlskdjflsadldskjlfjdsldkjlksdjflsdkjfldskj</
    div>

    , Mar 1, 2008

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <

    wrote:

    > Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

    Did I mention before:
    <http://www.htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/> ?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 1, 2008

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    On 29 Feb 2008, wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'd like to have all DIVs lined up in a row at the top, and none
    > wraps.
    > If necessary I would rather than the overall page width expand
    > rather than having DIVs wrap. But these are wrapping.

    Try this:

    http://www.neredbojias.com/nowrap.html

    (Do a view-source.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Mar 1, 2008
  4. Scripsit :

    > I'd like to have all DIVs lined up in a row at the top, and none
    > wraps.

    Huh?

    > If necessary I would rather than the overall page width expand
    > rather than having DIVs wrap. But these are wrapping.

    Parse your statements do not. Understandable meaning they lack.

    > Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

    You started a new thread without a reason, you replied cluelessly (no
    quotation) - though probably to clueless answers, since they appear to
    be from killfiled posters - and you _still_ don't give a URL or even a
    _real_ example. Is this sufficient or do you want a longer lecture?

    > class=long>dflajlfadljfalfkjdaslkaasldkjflakjdfaadslkjsdlfkjadslkfjalkjf

    Just remove that nonsense, and all the rest that does not make sense.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 1, 2008