    name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

    I need a similar script to save data from the web. Thank you

    Ann
    Dr Ann Huxtable, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Dr Ann Huxtable wrote:

    > Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
    > (actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user
    > name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

    Have a look at the WWW::Mechanize module on CPAN.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Dr Ann Huxtable <> wrote:

    > Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
    > (actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user

    ^^^^
    > name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

    Anyone who has checked the Perl FAQ before posting to the
    Perl newsgroup knows of such an example.

    perldoc -q form

    How do I automate an HTML form submission?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Dr Ann Huxtable

    John Bokma Guest

    Dr Ann Huxtable wrote:

    > Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
    > (actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user
    > name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?
    >
    > I need a similar script to save data from the web. Thank you

    http://johnbokma.com/perl/ has some examples, if you read the documentation
    of the modules used, you can read about how to save data etc.

    John Bokma, Dec 25, 2004