Example of perl script downloading a web page?

Dr Ann Huxtable

Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
(actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user
name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

I need a similar script to save data from the web. Thank you

Ann

Sherm Pendley

Dr said:
Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
(actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user
name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

Have a look at the WWW::Mechanize module on CPAN.

sherm--

Tad McClellan

Dr Ann Huxtable said:
Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
(actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user ^^^^
name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

Anyone who has checked the Perl FAQ before posting to the
Perl newsgroup knows of such an example.

perldoc -q form

How do I automate an HTML form submission?

John Bokma

Dr said:
Any one know of an example of a Perl script downloading a web page
(actually a web based form), passing in parameters to contol box, user
name, password etc, refreshing the page and then saving page to a file?

I need a similar script to save data from the web. Thank you

http://johnbokma.com/perl/ has some examples, if you read the documentation
of the modules used, you can read about how to save data etc.