Example of Streaming response to client???

Larry Woods

Could you give me an example of streaming a page to the client?

Thanks.

Larry Woods

Larry Woods

Curt,

Thanks for the quick response but I don't think that is what I am looking
for. My situation is that I am generating data verrrry sloooowly on the
server and I want the client to see the data as it is being created (i.e.,
streamed), instead of waiting until all of the data is generated.

Larry Woods

MN

Larry Woods said:
Curt,

Thanks for the quick response but I don't think that is what I am looking
for. My situation is that I am generating data verrrry sloooowly on the
server and I want the client to see the data as it is being created (i.e.,
streamed), instead of waiting until all of the data is generated.

Larry Woods

At the top of your script set response.buffer = true, you can then
periodically use response.flush to send any buffered output to the
user.

Alternatively you could generate your data more quickly :)

Chris Barber

Interestingly enought you can use a button (<INPUT value="Progress: 10%">)
and modify the value and size during a page load by embedding javascript
calls to change the button properties.
Note that tables will not be rendered as visible until *all* the table HTML
has been streamed - if you are building a table then consider each row as a
seperate table (set padding to zero etc.) Note that the table widths may not
match unless you use explicit widths and set:

style="overflow: hidden"

Chris.

Larry Woods

Thanks, Chris,

Not that I'm lazy or anything, but...could you give me a little more info on
how to implement the progress button?

Larry Woods

Larry Woods

Speed... Yeh, I know. Can't control that, though. It's coming in from
another server.

Thanks.

Larry Woods

Felix Wu [MSFT]