Example Script to parse web page links and extract data?

livin

I'm hoping someone knows of an example script I can see to help me build
mine. I'm looking for an easy way to automate the below web site browsing
and pull the data I'm searching for.

Here's steps it needs to accomplish...

1) login to the site (windows dialog when hitting web page) *optional*

2) Choose menu link from ASP page (script shows/hides menu items depending
on mouseover) *optional*

3) Basic Search Form and enter zip code or city to pull all the data.

4) After search, table shows many links (hundreds sometimes) to the actual
data I need.
Links are this format... <a href="javascript:GetAgent('AA059')">

5) Each link opens new window with table providing required data.
The URLs that each href opens is this...
http://armls.marketlinx.com/Roster/Scripts/Member.asp?PubID=AA059 where the
PubID is record I need.

Table format looks like this:

<!--

writePhoneNumber('480-999-9999');

//--></script></td>

McKirahan

livin said:
[...]

Now you're asking a JScript newsgroup...

In the VBScript newsgroup you offered to pay for it:

"If you can accomplish this task in short order then please contact me and
we can discuss terms of the agreement."

Where do we stand?

RobG

livin said:
I'm hoping someone knows of an example script I can see to help me build
mine. I'm looking for an easy way to automate the below web site browsing
and pull the data I'm searching for.

Here's steps it needs to accomplish...

95% of what you want to do is server-side processing and has nothing to
do with client-side JavaScript.
1) login to the site (windows dialog when hitting web page) *optional*

2) Choose menu link from ASP page (script shows/hides menu items depending
on mouseover) *optional*

3) Basic Search Form and enter zip code or city to pull all the data.

4) After search, table shows many links (hundreds sometimes) to the actual
data I need.
Links are this format... <a href="javascript:GetAgent('AA059')">

Using javascript pseudo protocol for A elements is frowned upon, use a
real href and onclick attribute or use a different element.
5) Each link opens new window with table providing required data.
The URLs that each href opens is this...
http://armls.marketlinx.com/Roster/Scripts/Member.asp?PubID=AA059 where the
PubID is record I need.

If the URL is a real URL, then that is what should be in the A element's
href. Leave it up to the user if they want to open an new window or tab.
Table format looks like this:

Using HTML attributes for style is very out dated. Use CSS.

The font element is depreceiated, use CSS.

[...]

Font elements are depreceiated. When specifying a font, always sepecify
a default: font-family: arial, sans-serif; .

The language attribute is depreceiated, type is required.

Using HTML comment delimiters inside script elements is not required, do
not use them.
writePhoneNumber('480-999-9999');

//--></script></td>

[...]

The purpose of this group is to solve problems with client-side
JavaScript (ECMAScript Language) in the context of web browsers and the
WWW. Read the FAQ, particularly section 2:

<URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/>