Examples of Python code compared to other languages

Nicolas Pernetty

Hello,

I'm looking (without success so far) for code sources for common
problems in different languages, but especially Python, C, Fortran, Ada
and Matlab.

It would help people coming from other languages to understand the
'python way of thinking'.

Priority is clean code, performance is not an issue here because it
often leads to obscure code.

Ideally code for Python would extensively use the standard library
("don't reinvent the wheel").

I've already checked the following sites, but they were not suited for
what I'm looking for :

These ones are too focused on performance :
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/
http://dada.perl.it/shootout/

This one don't include C or Fortran :
http://pleac.sourceforge.net/

This one is ok but rather limited :
http://www.kochandreas.com/home/language/lang.htm

If there is a site which regroup very good ('Pythonic') code examples
which make extensively use of standard library to resolve common
problems, I would be happy to help and try to contribute by giving the
equivalent in C code.

Regards,

Nicolas Pernetty

http://pleac.sourceforge.net/ probably is what you're looking for. It
shows how to to stuff from the perl cookbook in a plethora of other
languages, including Python.

Kind regards Terji Petersen

Hello,

As mentioned in the original message, this site is good but doesn't
include C or Fortran.
Of course I can try to contribute with C code...

Thanks anyway,