Examples on Extending MembershipUser Object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mark d., Feb 6, 2006.

  1. mark d.

    mark d. Guest

    I've been working through the new features in 2.0 for about a month
    now, am at the point of trying to apply them to my e-comerce
    applications. My apps assign a unique custid field in tracking the
    user throughout their visit. (ie, XYZ20001)

    I've found a couple of examples on how to customize the
    membershipprovider object:
    Custom Membership Provider for your ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site</a>

    I've created a catalogmembershipuser object that inherits from the
    membershipuser object. I add a property called custid. When I try to
    change the return type from membershipuser to catalogmembership user in
    my provider I get an error, can't override. When I remove the
    overrides I get the shadowing warning.

    I would love more examples on how to accomplish this or any insight on
    alternatives.

    mark d., Feb 6, 2006