Excel 2003

Al

Here is my problem....I have a web site that genrates reports which are displayed in a page called Reports.asp and the user can open multiple reports at once all generated by Reports.asp. The results of the report can be outputed to Excel within Internet Explorer using the HTTP Content Type application/vnd.ms-excel. When I generate multiple reports I get an error saying I cannot open two documents with the same name

I am running IE6 SP1 with Excel 2003 and would like to know how to solve this problem. There is one slight twist to this issue in that with Excel 2000 & IE6 we could get round the problem by appending a random number to the end of the query string. Excel 2003 seems to be ignoring anything in the query string after the filename (Reports.asp)

Tim Williams

Have you tried setting the filename in the response headers?

Tim