    not the excel? The coding is going to be the same in both cases...right
    (assuming the same version of Excel)?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEhlYXZleQ==?=, Sep 29, 2004

  2. You shouldn't really be instantiating either of those objects from ASP.NET
    (even though I think they are really two different pointers to the same
    object.)
    Excel wasn't designed to be used as a server component, so you're inviting
    problems.
    Here's more details:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757

    Here are some alternative ideas for you:
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2003/09/asp200309so_l/asp200309so_l.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP