    Dim xl As New Excel.Application

    which raises UnauthorizedAccessException. Same code runs fine in WinForms.
    Any ideas/links to solve this problem? Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?amVzdGVy?=, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Office automation on server side is problematic. Start from here:

    INFO: Considerations for Server-Side Automation of Office
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Microsoft (and I) recommend not using COM Interop with Microsoft Office
    products from an ASP.NET web page. Excel was not designed to be used in
    this way. If you're determined to do it anyway, these articles gives you
    the ins and outs along with some better alternatives:

    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

    And here's a good 3rd party component you could use:
    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Excel

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP