    shows up under processes but I cannot make it appear as a program. I used to
    get this when I would automate Excel and not .Activate() it. This works in
    winforms but not webforms. Any ideas?

    Nigel Stratton, Mar 9, 2005

  2. The server has no user-interface piece so i am not sure what you are
    expecting. When you automate excel, the stuff is done on the server,
    in-memory. there will be no front end piece. If what you seek is a front end
    piece, you will have to use a third party component for that.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    [Shameless Author Plug]
    available at www.lulu.com/owc

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Mar 9, 2005

  3. Ah, of course! I was trying to run this on my local IIS but as soon as it
    moves into production it *cannot* work.

    Nigel Stratton, Mar 9, 2005
  4. There are many ways to export to Excel, but COM automation is usually not
    the best way in ASP.NET.
    Here are a lot of examples for you, including a code sample that works
    fairly reliably using the COM technique:

    http://SteveOrr.net/Articles/ExcelExport.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP