Excel automation

Nigel Stratton

I am wanting to export a datagrid to Excel and I can make a late-binding,
automation reference to Excel and run Excel but I cannot activate it. It
shows up under processes but I cannot make it appear as a program. I used to
get this when I would automate Excel and not .Activate() it. This works in
winforms but not webforms. Any ideas?

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

The server has no user-interface piece so i am not sure what you are
expecting. When you automate excel, the stuff is done on the server,
in-memory. there will be no front end piece. If what you seek is a front end
piece, you will have to use a third party component for that.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

[Shameless Author Plug]
available at www.lulu.com/owc

Nigel Stratton

Ah, of course! I was trying to run this on my local IIS but as soon as it
moves into production it *cannot* work.