excel---HSSF---not enough memory?

Discussion in 'Java' started by tony lincoln, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. tony lincoln

    tony lincoln Guest

    Dear friends,

    I am using some classes like HSSF in POI of apache to produce some
    Excel tables. Java 1.4, Win 2000.

    Cause in the Excel file I produced there are more than 50 sheets, so
    sometimes even I succeeded in producing the excel file, but I can not
    open it. One window will appear to remind me "not enough memory".
    The problem is, I do be able to open one excel file which has more
    than 50 sheets I produced several days ago(more than 20 lines in every
    sheet), but I can not open one excel file which has only 28 sheets and
    only 10 lines in every sheet. I tried a lot, but it keeps the same.
    If I reduce the sheets into 3, of couse I can open it. But this will
    not make sense if there are only 3 sheet in one excel file.
    I wonder if there are something wrong about the configuration of
    win2000 or excel. But I do not know how to do with it.
    best regards.

    tony

    tony lincoln, Mar 1, 2004