excel---HSSF---not enough memory?

tony lincoln

Dear friends,

I am using some classes like HSSF in POI of apache to produce some
Excel tables. Java 1.4, Win 2000.

Cause in the Excel file I produced there are more than 50 sheets, so
sometimes even I succeeded in producing the excel file, but I can not
open it. One window will appear to remind me "not enough memory".
The problem is, I do be able to open one excel file which has more
than 50 sheets I produced several days ago(more than 20 lines in every
sheet), but I can not open one excel file which has only 28 sheets and
only 10 lines in every sheet. I tried a lot, but it keeps the same.
If I reduce the sheets into 3, of couse I can open it. But this will
not make sense if there are only 3 sheet in one excel file.
I wonder if there are something wrong about the configuration of
win2000 or excel. But I do not know how to do with it.
best regards.

tony