    in Excel. However, once in Excel, the label appears as "20-Oct". I tried
    &nbsp however, Excel skips it and does the 20-Oct thing. Does anyone
    have a workaround? Thanks - Lou

    Lou Lipnickey, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Lou Lipnickey

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Lou Lipnickey <> wrote:

    >My client wants to have distance ranges specified in an HTML based
    >report as "10-20" AND then have the ability to put the resulting file
    >in Excel. However, once in Excel, the label appears as "20-Oct". I tried
    >&nbsp however, Excel skips it and does the 20-Oct thing. Does anyone
    >have a workaround? Thanks - Lou

    Change the formatting in the Excel sheet so that the relevant cells
    are marked as being 'Text' rather than any of the number or date
    formats. Nothing to do with the HTML.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Mar 30, 2005

  3. Lou Lipnickey <> wrote:

    > My client wants to have distance ranges specified in an HTML based
    > report as "10-20"

    Really? Why not correctly as "10–20" or "10…20" (or using
    the en dash or horizontal ellipsis, in UTF-8 encoding)?

    I don't know whether this would make the Excel part easier or more
    difficult. I just commented on the part that deals with HTML.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Thanks - I'll give it a go. - Lou