Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc reading and writing to database

czarnysfetr

Hi,

I am trying to write a system for managing documents. The program
already generates documents in .ODS and .ODT files from data gathered
in Oracle Database, but I have no idea, how to manage the other side -
writing from OO Document (or MS Document) to database.

Has anyone encountered similiar problem?

Any hints/advice will be helpfull.

£ukasz

Andrew Thompson

I am trying to write a system for managing documents. ...
...but I have no idea, how to.. ...
Has anyone encountered similiar problem?

Sure, it happens every day (thousands of times,
across the world).
Any hints/advice will be helpfull.

I cannot say what other people do, but when I am
in this situation, I review Patricia's page on getting
started*, then Google 'keyword tutorial' and review
any classes mentioned in the (usually Sun) tutorial,
within the JavaDocs. Somewhere along that path I
will start to write little 'throwaway' bits of code to
check anything I am unclear on.

* <http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>

HTH