    the above html forms. How would it be possible? any idea?
    Thanks for any help in advance
    dd007

    dd007, May 10, 2006

  2. dd007

    Guest

    dd007 wrote:
    > [a question]

    Group please note this is a multi-posted question (also in PB). Please
    do not respond.

    --
    http://DavidFilmer.com

    , May 10, 2006

  3. dd007

    dd007 Guest

    i thought different users visit diff groups, that's why i posted in
    diff groups. sorry.

    dd007, May 10, 2006
  4. dd007 wrote:
    > i thought different users visit diff groups,

    They visit the groups with topics they are interested in.

    Usually there is one group where your posting fits in best, so you
    should post to only one group.

    > that's why i posted in diff groups. sorry.

    If your posting doesn't fit into a single group, do not multi-post it
    (i.e. do not post several identical postings to one group each).
    Crosspost instead (i.e. send a single posting to all relevant groups)
    and set a followup-to header for one of the groups. That way

    a) people will see that the posting is sent to other groups they don't
    read.

    b) people who read several of the groups will see your posting only once

    c) the discussion will continue in one group instead of being scattered
    over several groups.

    hp

    --
    _ | Peter J. Holzer | Man könnte sich [die Diskussion] auch
    |_|_) | Sysadmin WSR/LUGA | sparen, wenn man sie sich einfach sparen
    __/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- Ralph Angenendt in dang 2006-04-15

    Peter J. Holzer, May 10, 2006
  5. dd007

    dd007 Guest

    > Crosspost instead (i.e. send a single posting to all relevant groups)
    > and set a followup-to header for one of the groups.

    Is there any guideline somehwere on how to cross-post?

    dd007, May 10, 2006
  6. "dd007" <> wrote in news:1147290809.196707.81020
    @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    >> Crosspost instead (i.e. send a single posting to all relevant groups)
    >> and set a followup-to header for one of the groups.

    Quoting is good. Keeping attributions is better.

    > Is there any guideline somehwere on how to cross-post?

    A simple Google search will yield good results for "usenet netiquette".

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, May 10, 2006