    actual mini excel sheet that can be edited. Maybe through activex
    somehow.

    I've been searching and haven't really found much info on this.

    Narshe, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Narshe

    Narshe Guest

    I've found a way to get an excel sheet in a web page....

    <object classid="CLSID:0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046">
    <param name="DisplayTitleBar" value="false">
    </object>

    How do I retrieve data from the object now?

    Narshe, Oct 18, 2005

  3. These objects are part of the Microsoft Office Web Components tools suite.
    The suite is a free download from Microsoft Office website. There are 3
    versions. The latest book on the subject is listed below.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
    Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Narshe

    Narshe Guest

    I actually figured out how to get the data out from a post of yours I
    found from 2004 sometime....

    Is there an easy way to take CSVDATA strings and convert that into a
    ..net datatable or something of the sort?

    Narshe, Oct 18, 2005
  5. Assuming that these are in files, you can use the OleDbProvider, and the
    driver for text documents. The ConnectionString would look something like
    this:

    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\txtFilesFolder\;Extended
    Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited"""
    (Courtesy of http://www.connectionstrings.com)

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

    Kevin Spencer, Oct 19, 2005
  6. Narshe

    Narshe Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    It's not in a file, it'll be in a string. I've actually made a
    CsvToDataTable method to remedy my issue. I was hoping there was a more
    elegant way.

    Narshe, Oct 19, 2005